Monday, February 24, 2014

The Newest Shareholders at SD Deacon

Jarrod and I took a BIG step this year becoming shareholders in his company. Jarrod and I were so excited to be offered this opportunity. I didn't realize that it was such a privilege to become shareholders in his company. They only have a limited number of shareholders and only offer 3 or 4 employees a year to own a part of the company. Jarrod and I are the youngest shareholders and we felt so grown up going to our first meeting. The meeting was at the Portland Golf Club, it was gorgeous and has so much history and is a very classy place... The owner of Jarrod's company (Steve Deacon) happens to be the President of the Golf Club as well and he pulled out all the stops. Dinner was so yummy, we dined on parmesan crusted halibut and filet mignon, had amazing wine and delicious dessert. Our meeting ran 2 hours over, but we didn't mind because we learned so much about the financials of the company and all the cool buildings we own a little piece of around Portland. I'm excited about this adventure and am so proud of Jarrod for all the hard work he puts in at this amazing company. 


I would have taken more pictures of the night, but the country club doesn't allow cell phones so I snuck in just a few :) You can learn more about Jarrod's company here. On that website there are a lot of projects Jarrod has worked on too! 

I can't finish this post without a BIG shout out to Anna and the Belcher girls for coming in and hanging out with Brayden while we were gone. You girls are the BEST!